More Minutes to Waste

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lost Stephie Brain

So it has been a while since I’ve updated anything. It has been incredibly difficult to find the energy or the creative spark to sit down with my tablet and sketch or write anything. I think I sorta found myself in a creative slump. I love doing sketches and things for other people but apparently taking on too many requests zaps me of all my glow.

Alas! There lies another issue too! I’m too dang lazy to carry around a notepad and actually USE it when I get ideas for pictures and random little comics. I’ve bought several now and the most successful note taking device was the back of a wadded up receipt.

Most of my ideas hit me as I’m at work. I work in a print-station type place so there is paper PLENTY but I still fail to take documentation of my temporary spurts of insanity. I work often so the process usually goes something like this –

I’m at work. I work an eight hour shift. I’m standing around between customers rather bored, displaced from reality, and daydreaming.

Photobucket

Then it hits me! :D Wow! It really annoys me how people ‘axe’ me questions instead of asking me. STOP INQUIRY VIOLENCE! I should start a whole fake propaganda about how abused enigmas are an issue. It’d be fantastic!

Photobucket

Maybe I should write that down so I don’t forget it? …nah. It should be fine! I’ll most certainly remember something like that!

But then I arrive home. My mind has drawn a blank. I sit with my tablet in my lap and stare sadly down at its hopeful expression. It seems to smile at me – Oh, EVER so pleased I have returned home to pay it some attention, right?

Photobucket

How do I begin to explain to this tiny little piece of joy that I just don’t have the energy available to create something beautiful with it? It was so hopeful! I feel like I’ve let it down but that faithful little tablet just whimpers in empathy.

Photobucket

Oh, tablet! You say that but it’s only out of the kindness of your tiny, electrical heart! A tiny, electrical heart I have now SMASHED in to a million pieces!

Photobucket

At this point I have to walk away; shame encompassing my entire being. How could I have had so many wonderful ideas at one point and not recall them now? I have an AWESOME memory! I can remember what someone was wearing at a party four years ago without a problem so how is this possible? Does my brain just take a imagination vacation or something?

Photobucket

Brain! Why do you do this to me?! One time I was excited to draw about how the back ends of cars looked like dinosaurs when you drive at night but it took me three days to remember the idea and when I sat down to draw it I only came up with a squiggle on my tablet! I don’t understand how you operate, brain!

Photobucket

You’re kind of a jerk sometimes, you monocle wearing bastard.

Since I can’t remember any damn thing I might want to draw or write about at the moment, I’m going to sketch some things I see right now.

I’m sitting in a cute coffee shop down here called PJs. It took me about thirty minutes to find a parking spot because the majority of the population forgets how to drive during rush hour and downtown Gulfport is small but difficult to navigate with all the construction that inhabits it. I ordered a Velvet Ice Mocha and it is delicious.

Sitting in the chair beside me is a gentleman who looks like a homeless puppy. His hair is FANTASTIC! I can’t do it justice. I’ll try though –

Photobucket

See? The gentleman is now giving me odd looks as I just spent the last two minutes straight staring at him. I suppose that makes sense.

Photobucket

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare.... It is so empty in here. Usher is on my play list. "I just wanna take it niiiiiice aaaaand slooooow!"

Oh… three guys just walked in dressy attire. They’re business men and they are comparing their power ties. You can easily tell which one is the boss because the other two ignorantly agree with everything he is saying. Funny how people lose opinions when it is beneficial for them to do so.

Photobucket

While I know power ties are supposed to just be empowering to your confidence visually and what not… I find it more fun to take things literal in my mind. I think ties would be much handier if they actually gave us super powers.

Photobucket

I want a wizard tie!

There really isn’t anyone else here that interesting to draw. People come and go. I think I’m just wasting space on the internet but continuing to type and sketch but hopefully it’ll get all this YUCK out of my head and I can do something worthwhile soon.

Special Note: I figured that my hair needed a change in sketch. I keep drawing it like the ghosts from Pac-Man because it was the easiest way to do it in the beginning but my hair really looks more like a messy Christmas tree.

Photobucket

Random Add-On to Special Note: You know how the ghosts chase Pac-Man around? I think that’s rather mean of them. I know that yellow jerk is eating all the little dots and all but chasing him around and beating the crap out of him isn’t solving their problems. I have a problem with Pac-Man turning around and exacting revenge on the ghosts when he gobbles up the power up thing. Two wrongs do NOT make a right, Pac-Man! Maybe if you extend the olive branch when you’ve got their attention then all the shenanigans would resolve but nooooo, you have to go and eat them! Well, if you ate me I’d just continue to haunt your canary ass more too! Be the bigger man! Jeez!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment