More Minutes to Waste

Monday, January 17, 2011

Dating

Well. I call this thing I do here a comic blog. Blog indicates that it’s my internets journal so I figured I’d share some more personal than usual insights instead of my usual blather this time.

I am a single Stephie. The dating world with all the rules and games and small print at the bottom of the page confuses and enrages me. I don't like playing by these rules. I like to just be me.

However, I am a single Stephie that jumped back in to dating and enjoys coffee. It is delicious. I like it cold. I like it hot. I like it fresh from the pot. I like coffee… I like it a lot. Yum.

Photobucket

The coffee is completely relevant.

Photobucket

So one night I was staring at the computer screen like this –

Photobucket

Alright, it was more like this with the cats and spazzing and being a big, super dork.

Photobucket

So there’s this dude that I met online. We switched information and it was awesome. Every now and then he’d IM me or vice versa and I enjoyed talking with him. “Good conversation is the most important thing,” he told me the first night we talked at all. I knew that he was going to be an awesome human being from the start. Also... he enjoyed coffee. :D

He invited me out for food early one morning. I declined due to having to get up early the next day. However, when he asked me to grab coffee with him a few nights later I answered, “Sure!”

Even though text doesn’t convey really cheesy facial expressions…. I still made this face as I typed. He must have felt my amazing, suave aura through his monitor.

Photobucket

Then it hit me after we made the plans…. I’m in my PJs, all my favorite clothes were dirty, and I didn’t have any time to get ‘first impression dolled up’ if I was gonna make it out there!

Photobucket

I wasn’t gonna give up! I had to hurry! I wanted to meet this guy! I had a mission! Too bad putting on an outfit seemed more like a 30 hour game of Risk instead of something I was taught in preschool.

Photobucket

I went from frazzled to supremely annoyed. I wanted to make a good impression and fabrics were getting in my way! COTTON! Blasted fiiiibeeers dyed and sized for my body!

Photobucket

So I did manage to get dressed and go about my way. We met up at the joint that was normally deserted on Sunday nights. I saw him long before he saw me. He was sitting at a table playing with his phone.

Unless anyone failed to notice, I have a lot of anxieties…. But I don’t let them get me down! Being anxious all the time just makes life more challenging and I’m ready to kick life in the ass when I need to! That being said, he finally looked up and noticed me approaching awkwardly. I imagine to someone watching it looked a little something like this –

Photobucket

I had to recover from such a weird entrance!

When he picked his head up the first time and didn’t see me I should have made my presence known! I should have shouted a cheerful, “Hi!” across the wave or waved in enthusiastic merriment but I shuffled to the counter and purchased my java instead. Oh, well.

Now that the ice was broken I had to engage in intriguing conversation. Once the first minute is over I calm down a significant amount but that first minute is a little… odd.

“Nice to meet you.” “How was your day?” “Crazy weather, eh?” Normal chit chat took place but I had to fight the compelling urge to do something like –

Photobucket

I was still pretty dang pleased with myself for getting dressed and arriving, I must admit.

I was about to confide in him how much trouble I had and my brave achievement in clothing myself when, thankfully, he relayed a story to me about cats making a trail between family members’ homes and the rest of the evening’s conversation went pretty smooth.

There was also coffee involved and... well, I love coffee.

Photobucket

We saw each other again during the week for a little while but then we had a date that weekend. Hibachi was on the menu ( SO GOOD! Chicken...soy sauce! AH! Amazing! ) and he played a cute little game on me that took me so totally off guard that I thought my head was going to explode. While I was eating he pulled out his phone ( something normal, so I thought nothing of it – I do that a lot too ) but while I thought he was sending someone else a message… he sent me a text.

Photobucket

I didn't notice. I was in delicious idiocy. Did I mention how good it was? Man. I ate the left overs the next day and it still tasted as good and I'm not the biggest fan of rice and some of the veggies they put in there. Anyway, I pulled out my phone after dinner while he was getting ready to leave and a message to my phone from him read, “I’m at dinner with a cutie. :-D”

Photobucket

I guess he was curious if I really did blush as much as I said I do. …..I wasn’t lying.

We've seen each other again since that night and I look forward to seeing him again. :) Everything so far has been absolutely enjoyable. His company is fantastic. He’s handsome, intelligent, and POLITE. The best part of it all ( other than his complete nerdy-ness ) is the verbal jousting we embark on! Teasing is so essential to me and we’re both pretty damn pro at it.

Photobucket

Alright. I may have lied…. The BEST part? ….his leg makes a really amazing pillow.

Photobucket

He asked me if I was doodling our times out together or anything about us. Haha! Oh, silly him...

Photobucket

The answer is most obviously –

Photobucket

What do you take me for? Someone who draws silly pictures of things? Jeeeez. :3


No comments:

Post a Comment