More Minutes to Waste

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Dastardly Digital Device

I am a huge fan of cruising. Driving? Not so much. Cruising? Yes!

Driving means that there is not only a destination but a time in which you must arrive at said destination and while that’s fine and dandy… not the same! Cruising is freeing. You WANTED to just aimlessly travel about from place to place.

Photobucket

Yup! Doop doop deedah!~ Life is grand as I just carry on in my ve-hick-a-lur!

Wait! Hark! What is that? No. That isn't angels serenading me from the heavens. No... this.. Yes. YES! This experience CAN get better. How? Oh, hold on to your bootstraps, cowboys!

Photobucket

The car radio just shot out a symphony of audio pleasure! Oh, joy! Indescribable joy! Getting Jiggy Wit It has never brought so much happiness to a human speciman.

I do enjoy the radio more than CDs about 60% of the time. I’m so indecisive when it comes to choosing what song to listen to next. My touch pad is constantly molested as I go to my music player and hit next about thirty times until I settle on a song but that will change sometimes two minutes in to that selection. My MP3 player is also a victim of this if I have it plugged in.

I have no control over the radio! It has a mind of its own and somehow that makes the experience all that more rewarding when something comes on that I truly wanted to hear. I must take a moment to sigh in admiration. Such a magical thing!

Photobucket

It is so cute too! :D

There is one itsy bitsy problem with it though…

You see, when my MP3 player is plugged in the display reads, “Multimedia device,” and all is well with the world. The radio only displays the radio station for half a minute before switching to the time.

This would be mega helpful if I knew how to set the damn thing. So the 12:00 just flashes and my radio stares at me knowing my dark secret.

Photobucket

How embarrassing when people enter my mobile domain! The glowing green screen is no longer informing my passengers of the device being played, the radio station, or the incorrect time. No. It is now announcing my incompetence and downright laziness to everyone.

Photobucket

What defeat… How shameful.

Today I decided to end the games! “No longer shall me and my musical device be at odds,” I confirmed boldly but I think the clock radio knew what was up and it was ready to go toe to toe.

Photobucket

I couldn’t find my owner’s manual and I wasn’t about to turn around to go inside to look it up on the internet. My one finger army was going to figure it out all on its own. The other nine digits shook with anticipation but the brave soul was pumped with me and we would come home with our shields or upon them!

Photobucket

After a few minutes of thoughtful pressing, pushing, and holding down it was obvious that the enemy’s defenses were strong. That’s when rapidly slamming buttons at random came in to play.

ALL OUT STRIKE! Full assault! TAKE TWO!

Photobucket

Bravery and enthusiasm could not outweigh the technological advantage our opponent had.

Photobucket

It wasn't really a bloody battle ( in fact, I don't even think I chipped a nail ) but the pain of defeat was still pretty awful.

Photobucket

....smug bastard radio. One day.... one day I'll just give up completely, reveal my secret to someone close, and convince them to fix it for me.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment